Foodsaver v4400 vs 4840 is a comparison of two different vacuum food sealers made by the same manufacturer. The decision to buy one over the other usually comes down to value, product design, and usability. In this article, we compare and contrast the two vacuum sealers to help you decide which one will work best for you
FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System
FoodSaver has been in the industry for close to 3 decades and during that time, it has introduced many types of vacuum sealing systems. These include handheld vacuum sealing systems, countertop and roll-based vacuum sealing systems, and even kitchen tables with integrated vacuum sealers. The newest vacuum sealing system within FoodSaver’s lineup is the FoodSaver 4840. It is the only home vacuum sealer that comes with a built-in vertical seal bar. The FoodSaver 4400, on the other hand, is a tabletop vacuum sealer without a vertical seal bar.
Foodsaver v4400 vs 4840: Quick Comparison
Dry/Moist & Quick Marinate
Dry/Moist & Quick Marinate
Automatic Bag Detection
Automatic Moisture Detection
Included air suction hose
Type of Package
Foodsaver v4400 Review:
- Seal freshness in: Meat preserved with the FoodSaver system in the freezer can last up to 3 years and still taste fresh, flavorful, and freezer burn free; Prep ahead meals, leftovers, and produce stored in the fridge will stay fresh up to weeks later instead of spoiling in days.Includes: (1) 11""x10' vacuum seal roll (3) 1-quart vacuum seal bags (2) 1-gallon vacuum seal bags (3) 1-quart vacuum zipper bags (2) 1-gallon zipper bags
- Automatic bag detection: Automatic bag detection makes vacuum sealing easier than ever: Simply put the bag in the vacuum chamber and the machine does the rest to ensure your food stays fresh and flavorful
- Simple to use: Built in roll storage and cutter lets you easily make custom sized bags to fit whatever you seal, while led light indicators easily guide you through the vacuum sealing process
- Very consistent sealing: Guaranteed to reach an optimal vacuum level and airtight seal; The V4440 is durable, high quality, and backed by a 5 year limited warranty
- Automatic moisture detection: Smart technology automatically detects moisture and switches to the correct mode to ensure an airtight seal is achieved. The patented removable drip tray will catch any overflow liquid and is dishwasher safe, making this kitchen appliance easy to clean and maintain
The FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System (V4400) is an easy-to-use vacuum sealing system that creates an airtight, moisture-proof seal on your food to lock in freshness. This 2-in-1 vacuum sealing system combines the capabilities of both a handheld sealer and a standard appliance. It provides quick, automatic vacuum and seal cycles with automatic bag detection for stress-free operation. The FoodSaver V4400 2 in 1 vacuum sealing system is the ultimate vacuum bag sealing system. This vacuum sealer and the food-saving system lets you vacuum seal and preserve food, as well as create your own FoodSaver zipper bags and containers. Vacuum seal food and items such as coffee, herbs, spices, and more to help keep them fresh up to five times longer.
Features & Benefits:
Designed For Any Food:
Keeps food fresh longer. It’s great for keeping meat and poultry safe from freezer burn, and it helps to prevent bacteria growth and food spoilage, so you can enjoy your food when it’s at its freshest.
You will love the convenience of having a bag-sealing machine that allows you to vacuum seal zipper bags, canisters, containers, and marinate food in minutes.
• Automatically vacuum and seal to help eliminate freezer burn, spoilage, and waste.
• The multi-purpose handheld sealer is perfect for marinating, drying food, or creating your own bags.
• Seals Food Saver® bags, canisters, containers, and more – saving you time and money
• Automatic bag detection and vacuum sealing means two quick and easy steps to seal
• Reduces freezer burn and saves you money by using the freezer’s airtight seal to help keep food fresh up to five times longer.
Fully Automatic Operation:
Save money, save time and enjoy the convenience of FoodSaver 4400 new 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System. This innovative vacuum sealer automatically determines whether your bag or container is FoodSaver brand or a competitor’s brand and adapts the sealing time and vacuum level accordingly. Simply place your vacuum-sealable bag in the FoodSaver 4440 and press the Vacuum and Seal button to automatically remove air and seal your food. Choose from three sealing levels to customize the process, depending on food type. This vacuum sealer has a fully automatic operation, a retractable handle, a removable drip tray and a removable drip tray with a built-in accessory storage area.
Retractable Handheld Sealer:
The FoodSaver 4440 2-In-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System is a 2-in-1 automatic vacuum sealing system. It features an integrated handheld sealer that can be used for smaller items without having to switch to an accessory. This feature helps eliminate preparation time and offers convenience. It also comes with a retractable cord which helps save space.
Airtight Heat Seal:
The FoodSaver 4440 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System brings a whole new, level of convenience to food preparation and preservation. The vacuum sealer removes all the air from the bag, then uses heat to create an airtight seal, locking out moisture, air, and freezer burn. The FoodSaver 4440 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System will help keep your favorite foods fresh for longer and save you money.
Foodsaver v4840 Review:
- Keep food fresh in the freezer up to 5x longer and in the fridge or pantry up to 2x longer, compared to ordinary storage methods
- Automatic bag detection and vacuum sealing means two quick and easy steps to seal and save
- Handheld sealer seals FoodSaver zipper bags, canisters, and containers, and marinates food in minutes
- Pull-out drip tray drawer with patented removable dishwasher-safe drip tray helps keep your counters clean
- 5 year limited warranty
The FoodSaver® V4840 2-in-1 Automatic Bag Detection Vacuum Sealing System with Retractable Handheld Sealer is a superb addition to your kitchen. This unit is a combination of both a handheld vacuum sealer and a standard unit. It features automatic bag detection which ensures a secure airtight seal to prevent freezer burn. The unit can seal FoodSaver® zipper bags and Fresh containers. One unit does it all! It eliminates the need for additional attachments. This unit features a pull-out drip tray with a patented removable dishwasher-safe drip tray that helps keep your counter tops clean.
This machine has it all, automatic bag detection, automatic moisture detection, automatic bag length detection, automatic bag width detection, automatic bag thickness detection, automatic bag length, and width seal detection, automatic bag length, and width seal strength detection. Plus, a one-touch marinate button, which marinates and vacuum seals in one touch.
Features & Benefits:
Fully Automatic Operation:
Save money, save time and enjoy the convenience of FoodSaver 4840 new 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System. This innovative vacuum sealer automatically determines whether your bag or container is FoodSaver brand or a competitor’s brand and adapts the sealing time and vacuum level accordingly. Simply place your vacuum-sealable bag in the FoodSaver 4440 and press the Vacuum and Seal button to automatically remove air and seal your food. Choose from three sealing levels to customize the process, depending on food type. This vacuum sealer has a fully automatic operation, a retractable handle, a removable drip tray and a removable drip tray with a built-in accessory storage area.
Preserving Bulk Foods:
Instantly vacuum-seal food in bags or containers—no bulky, countertop appliances or gizmos needed! FoodSaver 4840’s handheld design makes it perfect for safely sealing and freezing meats, cheeses, vegetables, and even soups and sauces. The automatic-roll-cutting system ensures a vacuum in every bite while the large-volume chamber holds up to 10 bags—a real-time-saver during a big cleanout or busy shopping trip! Further, the sous vide-safe bags are perfect for cooking in a water bath, and the built-in storage compartment keeps extra bags ready to go.
The FoodSaver 4840 Vacuum Sealing System is the perfect way to ensure your garden’s harvest doesn’t go to waste. FoodSaver containers and bags quickly vacuum seal food to lock in flavor, color, and freshness to keep food tasting the way it’s supposed to. The FoodSaver 4840 helps you preserve food, so you can enjoy garden veggies all year round and gift them to friends and family.
Difference between FoodSaver v4400 and 4840:
There are a few key differences between the Foodsaver V4400 and the Foodsaver 4840. The V4400 is a more basic model, while the 4840 is a more advanced model. The V4400 can only seal wet and dry goods, while the 4840 can also vacuum seal canisters and jars. The FoodSaver V4400 has one sealing option, while the 4840 has two sealing options. The V4400 has a manual seal button, while the 4840 has an automatic seal button. Finally, the V4400 is less expensive than the 4840.
FoodSaver V4400 is a manual vacuum sealer, while the 4840 is an automatic vacuum sealer. The V4400 has a lower price point than the 4840, making it more budget-friendly. The V4400 also has a smaller footprint, making it more space-efficient. The 4840 has built-in roll storage and cutter, while the V4400 does not. The 4840 also has a marinating function, while the V4400 does not.
Foodsaver v4400 vs 4840: Similarities
- Can Seal Moist Food
- Built-in Bag Cutter
- Built-in Roll Storage
- Removable tray
- Air Suction Hose Included
- Automatic Bag Detection
- Automatic Moisture Detection
Final Verdict/Our Recommendation:
We hope that you found the Foodsaver v4400 vs 4840 comparisons helpful. If you are looking for a quality vacuum sealer, the FoodSaver 4840 is Today’s Winner. It’s a great option that won’t break the bank. It’s conveniently sized and easy to use, but it’s also powerful enough to handle most jobs. Also the FoodSaver v4840 has a larger food chamber that can accommodate larger bags. On the other hand, if you want to save a little bit of money, the FoodSaver v4400 is still a great choice.